Visitors

9/27/2015

Traditional taste like no others - DOCANG BU NENENG CIREBON

Docang Bu Neneng

Address : 
Pasar Kanoman (traditional market in Cirebon)
Kanoman Street, Cirebon, West Java
located near Shinta the center of Cirebon souvenirs and traditional snacks
using wood cart in front of a shop house which sells traditional crackers

Price : 
I forget the price but I think it was around 10k for 1/2 and 1/2

Operational hours : 
morning - finish

Exterior : 
wood chart with white small wood board written :  " DOCANG BU NENENG"

Interior : 
street food interior, not too dirty, pretty hot

Dress code : 
casual comfortable

Menu : 
Only Docang


What is Docang ?
Have you ever heard about it?

Docang is a traditional food from Cirebon. I only can find it in this area.
Docang is Indonesian rice cake (lontong) being cut + bean sprout + shredded coconut + shredded cassava + special soup (clear white soup a little bit salty and savory)+ aci crackers + chili

The taste of docang is very authentic and I cannot find it anywhere else.

My visit : 

I ate this docang on September 27, 2015.
I went to Cirebon with my family (mom, dad, bro, sis in law, and my niece) to have a weekend gate away and enjoying delicious traditional food at Cirebon. We usually go to Cirebon by car through Sukamandi and Jatibarang and it takes like 8 hours or more, but now there is a new highway direct from Jakarta to Cirebon named Cipali. It only takes 3-4 hours .. wohooo so happy!
But the disadvantage is we cannot buy yellow rice at Jatibarang which open from midnight until morning. yeah maybe next time. That will be another story.

Anyway, I heard this docang is the best in town. So make sure you come here when you visit Cirebon city.
The taste was amazing .. It was salty, savory, plain at the same time! wow.. and It was cheap! Delicious food not always expensive right?

so here it is.. DOCANG BU NENENG : 


Oh boy, I want to eat this like right now.. mouth watering <3

My companion : 

My whole family and my long time no see Cirebon friend Alvin (he wasn't coming with us but we talked a lot during that time and I asked him the location of several places.. sorry we weren't able to meet.. I promise you, we will have a meet up next time :) )

Yeahh I forgot to take pictures of my companion and only took pictures of food, like usual..ahahaha

Traditional food can give you the taste you cannot find elsewhere 

TGIFoodLovers

No comments:

Post a Comment