Visitors

10/19/2015

Asinan Bogor Gang Aut - AHAUW

Asinan AHAUW a.k.a Asinan Gang Aut


Address : 
Roda Ujung Road no. 5 (near Surya Kencana road and Siliwangi Road)
Bogor, West Java

Phone : 
N/A

Dress code :
casual and comfortable
No dine in (take away and eat at home after refrigerated!)

Operational Hours : 
Closed on Monday

Exterior : 
street food style

Interior : 
N/A

Menu : 
Asinan Buah (pickled fruits)
Asinan sayur (pickled vegetables)

What I bought : 

Asinan buah (pickled fruits)

For years, people form outside Bogor usually buy pickled fruits from Asinan Gedung Dalam, most of them or us don't know that there is another famous pickled fruits called Asinan Gang Aut (Asinan Ahauw).

My dad went to Bogor with his old friend to buy martabak encek (also the famous one in Gang Aut) and this pickled fruits. His friend used to live in Bogor area so he knows good food for Bogor people. He said that Bogor people usually buy this asinan instead of buying it at Asinan Gedung Dalam.

When I saw the pickled fruits, it was totally different with asinan gedung dalam. The fruits were sliced thicker than asinan gedung dalam, the chili it self looked rougher but pretty much had the same red color for the soup. The soup itself wasn't spicy like Gedung dalam, it was more sweet and mild. I like that kind of taste considering I cannot handle spicy and sour too much.
When you buy this you will get roasted peanut along with wide cracker and grounded chili. Too bad I didn't take the pictures of the roasted peanut and the chili :(


As you can see in the picture the pickled soup is red but not as red as asinan gedung dalam. Still, the taste was delicious,, sweet a little bit sour .. all I can say, It was fresh!

The papaya itself was sweet and crunchy!
All the fruits ( papaya, mango, bengkoang, tuber, nutmeg) were in a very good condition to be eaten, not too ripe and not too unripe either.

The cracker was special for me. When I ate the cracker alone without the pickled fruits the taste was odd, but when I mixed it in a bowl along with the pickled fruits and soup the taste became great.
It tasted like ebi (dried prawn) and strangely it mixed well in my mouth with the fruits.. AWESOMEEE

How I enjoy my pickled fruits ^_^

My family really loves fruits, esp. My Mom and Dad. We have a lot of fruits inside the refrigerator from Salak fruit, dragon fruit, orange, mango, grape, Californian papaya, pear, etc. You can imagine when fruits turned into pickled  fruits.. 1 portion for 1 day (max) we can eat 2 portion a day in couple hours.

The love for the fruits are getting crazier these days.
For recommendation, better to buy fresh fruit at special fruit store like all fresh. It becomes our favorite now :p .. pricey but good quality( including the fresh fruit salad)

Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit.

TGIFoodLovers






No comments:

Post a Comment